What is an AgEnhancement Grant?
Each year, Northeast agricultural credit associations award grants to help organizations promote awareness of agriculture in the six New England states, New York and New Jersey and CoBank. Funds are provided as part of the Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement program, an ongoing educational campaign that supports the food and fiber industries in the Northeast.
What's Eligiblefor an Agenhancement Grant?
Programs that promote the food and fiber industries in any of the following ways:
- Encourage leadership
- Develop a greater understanding of agriculture
- Recognize the accomplishments of ag leaders
- Study the economic viability of agriculture
- Promote interest in the industry
- County or local school projects
- Programs and projects of nonagricultural charities
- Contributions for political support purposes, scholarships, or memberships in professional societies or trade organizations
- General operating funds and ongoing program support
- Capital or building projects
- Projects for an individual or individual farm operation
The program is not intended as a source of funds for contributions for state annual meetings and regularly scheduled conferences. Farm Credit AgEnhancement will not fund indirect costs associated with sponsored projects. Priority is given to programs that impact the Northeast. Statewide and regional projects are also eligible.
Awards range from $500 to $8,000.
Proposals for Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement grant funding will be considered three times per year: April 1, August 1 and December 1. Application materials must be received by the close of business April 1, August 1 and December 1. Receipt of projects after these dates will be held for consideration in the next review. Notification of the funding decision will normally be within 30 days of the application deadline.
Application process & requirements
The Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program makes grants upon the review of an Application Summary and letter request. Up to three pages supporting materials may also be included. Requests shall be made in accordance with the procedures set forth in this document. The following materials are to be submitted via e-mail:
Completion of the fill in form AgEnhancement Application Summary.
- A letter outlining the purpose of the proposed program, activity or event and describing how it will be conducted. Please upload the letter to your AgEnhancement Application Summary. (see bottom of form) The letter should not be longer than two pages and include the following:
- Specific information as to what is intended to be accomplished and the amount of funding being requested;
- Indicate other sponsoring organizations, if applicable;
- Specific dates for activities and events and whether program / event sponsors will be asked to participate in any manner.
- Specific information on how receipt of the grant will be reported in the recipient's newsletters, press releases, event handouts, and other materials.
- Budget information indicating how the AgEnhancement funds will be used and information regarding the total cost of the project/event/program and the proportion fo funding being sought from Farm Credit AgEnhancement.
- Supporting information, not to exceed three pages MAY also be included
Disclosure Requirement for Farm Credit Directors and Employees
Any director or employee of a Northeast Farm Credit Association or CoBank shall clearly indicate their affiliation with Farm Credit in the letter seeking funding support from the Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program. Failure to disclose this information shall cause the project to be ineligible for consideration.
Contact Bob Smith at 800.327.6588 or contact us.
Submitting funding proposals
E-mail funding proposals to AgEnhancement@yankeefarmcredit.com. If there is no e-mail available contact Bob Smith at 800.327.6588.