A Few Things to Keep in Mind
Charlie Messenger – Crop Growers LLP
What You Need to Know About Insuring Apples/Peaches:
- Apples are an insurable crop in most counties in the area.
- Peaches are ONLY insurable in Vermont by Written Agreement.
- The deadline to sign up for coverage for the 2018 crop year is November 20th, 2017.
- Both are insurable against all weather related events, wildlife damage, plant disease, insect infestation, and with a quality provision for fruit with a grade reduction due to a covered peril. The quality provision only applies to Fresh coverage (Apples/Peaches) and only at a level higher than Catastrophic Coverage (CAT).
What You Need to Know About PRF (Pasture/Rangeland/Forage):
- Insures against lack of rainfall for hay land or grazing land acres in all counties in the area.
- The deadline to sign up for coverage for the 2018 crop year is November 15th, 2017.
- This policy does not insure against reduced production of the crop but rather a lack of rainfall in the area (grid) compared to average rainfall in the area (grid).
- This insurance coverage is for a single peril, lack of precipitation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Charlie Messenger. 802-598-8578
Back to all Articles